Rope Access Training, Rope Access II
Rope Access II
This 5 to 6-day course prepares candidates for SPRAT and/or IRATA Level II certification. This course focuses on more complex rope access tasks required of an experienced technician working under the supervision of a Level III technician.
• Understand and follow rope access procedures, work plans, and associated risk assessments
• Inspect personal rope access equipment
• Perform a variety of rope access maneuvers
• Capable of more complex rigging and rescue techniques
Job-site Safety and Documentation
• Understand guidelines for Rope Access work and relevant legislation
• Understand the process to develop an access work plan or method statement
• Able to identify and mitigate hazards
• Establish exclusion zones
• Document Rope Access work using experience logbooks
• Capable of more complex rigging, including re-belays, deviations, and pull-through anchors
• Capable of rigging rig-to-rescue systems and tensioned lines (IRATA Level II only)
• Capable of inspecting the safety of rope access systems
• Able to tie a variety of knots and hitches
Rope Access Techniques and Rescues
• All rope access techniques to include aid climbing and structure climbing
• Rescue a casualty in descent and ascent
• Rescue a casualty through a variety of rigging scenarios (IRATA Level II only)
• Use hauling and lowering systems for a rescue
• Assist with complex rescue scenarios
Candidates seeking certification to SPRAT or IRATA Level II Technician must have appropriate previous industrial rope access experience.
• SPRAT requires a minimum of 6 months experience and 500 logged working hours.
• IRATA requires a minimum of 12 months experience and 1000 logged working hours.
Participants will be asked to perform moderate to strenuous activities. A physical examination by a doctor is strongly recommended. Candidates will be required to sign a Liability Release Form and a Statement of Medical Condition confirming the absence of known medical conditions that might preclude their ability to safely work at height.